Point Grey Secondary School - Stəywəte:n
PAC Meeting via Zoom
Non-instructional Day (Indigenous Focus) -- no school
Q2 midterm reports published on MyEd
Q2 report cards published on MyEd
On November 18, 2020, Ramana Bhangoo of Path 2 Success Coaching gave a presentation following the PAC Meeting, addressing the challenges that kids have faced due to COVID-19. Her presentation has been uploaded onto the PAC's YouTube channel, with the link as follows.
Point Grey Secondary will be adjusting to a 1-week rotation schedule for Quarter 2.
Below are some of the educational reasons provided for moving to a 1-week rotation:
• Less likely for students to fall behind;
• Connecting with students in person on a more regular basis;
• While online learning works for some students, many students benefit from seeing their teachers in person on a frequent basis;
• To help students feel more connected to teachers (and F2F help) by not making the remote time as long;
• Two full weeks away from face-to-face learning is proving too difficult for many students, particularly in the academic subjects;
• Continuity of coursework and connection with the students would greatly improve;
• Shorter periods of time during which students may become disconnected, confused and in need of more immediate face-to-face support for which they may not reach out on their own;
• Allows for better oversight and mentoring opportunities. Shorter remote periods much easier to manage and/or recover from for students. The 1-week rotation schedule will take effect on Wednesday, November 18th with the beginning of Quarter 2.
On October 27, 2020, the PG PAC Executive sent a letter to Vancouver Coastal Health advocating for a more timely and transparent COVID-19 notification process. The letter and a Chinese translation are provided by the following pdf links.
Vancouver School Board Sustainability Conference
Zoom Virtual Event Space
Thursday, November 26 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm